Monday, November 27, 2017

Motivation for Monday: The Giving Plate


Praise ye the Lord. Praise, O ye servants of the Lord, praise the name of the Lord.

Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and for evermore.  From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the Lord's name is to be praised. 

Psalms 113:1-3


So, Thanksgiving is over and some of us are back to our normal routines.  Let us not forget that everyday is a day to give thanks.  Everything that we see was created to help us or assist us in living this life.  I want to encourage you to start seeing this life as an opportunity to practice gratitude.  This life is an opportunity to experience the world around you in all of its grandeur.  God is awesome and he wants us to live an awesome life.

Our life is awesome because we serve an awesome God.  Our life is worth living because God saw it fit to give us a life to live.

 

 


I want to encourage you to live this life everyday and to be thankful for it every day.  If you want a good devotional read, read through the book of Psalms.  I mean it is so honest.  King David wrote most of it, and it has other writers just telling it like it is.  This world is full of haters!  But we just have to let them be haters.  This world is full of liars, backbiters, and lustful hearts that only mean to do themselves good.  Once you realize that some people are just going to be that way, then you can stop taken it personal.  Just know that God is on your side and he will take care of those who are evil.


God will take care of those who mean to do you harm!


It is almost like David is constantly saying: Lord, kill them all, kill them dead, cut off their head and throw them back where they came from!  Destroy all of those who mean to do me harm . . . they surround me Lord and they are set out to kill me! GET THEM!!!

That was definitely just a paraphrase and my summation of feelings about how this world is working out.  Sometimes I feel like everyone is against me . . . I have news for everyone reading this blog . . . the world is against you.  The world does not mean to do you good.  Instead, it was designed to trap you, put you in bondage, kill you, and destroy your destiny.

I know that that is not very motivating, but when you change your mindset about this life; when you change the way you look at your purpose, you will see that this life is worth living.  Why?  Because . . .

If God be for you, who can be against you?


He Got you Boo!

Now, that is the best news ever!!  He will take care of you.  When you change your mind to trust him with your whole heart he will not lead you astray.  You just have to learn the ways of the Lord.  You have to learn his voice and listen to his voice.  He will show you each step.  The more you learn how to be obedient, the more he will show you your future.  The more you learn how to listen to his voice, the stronger your vision becomes!!


This Life is worth living!! 

 

I am so excited about what the Lord has for me!!

 

With that said . . . I need to reiterate something . . . through out all of David's vengeful request to the Lord, he always acknowledged God for you he is.  He was constantly praising and thanking him for what he had done and about his nature of his goodness and faithfulness.  Now since God is good, and since God is faithful; we should know that we can stand on his word forever.  Hence, vengeance is the Lord's. . . the wicked will get their reward of judgement without mercy.  The true servants of the Lord ought to examine their selves everyday, repenting everyday, and walking towards the mind of Christ.


Look at it this way: God is offering people a way to not die in their wrong thinking:

To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste. . .

. . .See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

Deut. 32:35

(read Deuteronomy 32 for full context of passage)

 

Don't you want to Live forever?!!

I do, Therefore I want to learn the ways of the Lord and live by those ways.  This is why I read my bible everyday.  I just finished Psalms and I want to encourage you to read through it also.  It didn't take long at all . .  15-20mins a day of reading and I'm finished all 150 chapters this month!!

You can do it too!!

The ways of the Lord are to always be grateful and appreciative of the gifts he provides us.   Life is a gift. He is the one who gives life and he can take it away.  It is understandable that we get upset sometimes. God understands this, but he wants us to understand that vengeance is his.  It will do us more harm then good if we get mad and sin against God.  Look at Moses, he got mad and smote the rock and it caused him not to go into the promise land. It wasn't Moses' anger that kept him from entering, but it was the action that he made because he didn't know how to deal with that feeling.  He acted instinctively, according to flesh, instead of acting instinctively according to the spirit.  Let us learn the language of the spirit so that we sin no more.  This is what David did, when he was angry, sorrow filled, or had feelings of worry and anguish, he wrote it down.  He worked through his feelings by talking with God. He worked out his feelings by consulting with the one who he knew had the answers. Talk things through with God, he will be there for you.


Lastly, I leave you with the giving plate.  I consider you who read this blog as brothers and sister in Christ.  Hence everything that I share is from God.  He fills my plate up so that I may share it with others.  We are on this journey together.  There is something inside of you that you are supposed to share with the world.  There is something that is so precious in you that God has giving you to help people learn the truth about who he is.  You do not own your gifts, your talents, or the wisdom of God.  Instead, he lets you live this life to help each other live eternal life.  He provides you with resources so that we can help each other.  This is the way of the Lord.  This is the way of the Kingdom.

Fill your plate with love, and pass it along so others may eat . . .





The Giving Plate


This Plate shall have no owner for its journey will never end.

It Travels in a never ending circle among our family and close friends.

 

It brings love from home to home for everyone to share.  The food that's placed upon it has been prepared with love and devotion.

 

So please enjoy what is on this plate, then fill it up again and pass along the love it holds to you family and close friends 




Share your gift.

Until next Time

-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment