Thursday, November 30, 2017

Put God First- Denzel Washington Speech

And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.

Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

 Isaiah 12:1-2






The world tries to make the Bible seem obsolete.  God has also become obsolete in a culture that has become self absorbed and humanistic. However, we did not create ourselves! I want to be clear that it is God that has made all things.  If it was not for the mercy and grace of God we would not be here.  He has allowed us to wake up this morning and we should praise him for that gift.

He gives us gifts everyday.  Brand new mercies day after day.  Hence, he is very relevant in my life.  He is very real.  His word is very real and just as important today as it was 2,000 years ago.

 

It is important to understand that he has giving us a saving grace, a gift of salvation, a chance to live life after this life.

The prophetic words that his servants spoke thousands of years ago have come full circle.  God's words never pass away.  It would be wise to acknowledge God for who he is, what he has done, and what he continues to do.

I love the message that Denzel Washington spoke at a commencement address: "Put God First!"

I concur and promote this philosophy.  Put God first in all that you do.  He is real, he is relevant, and he will lead you to where you need to go.  Just Trust in him for all things.

Until Next Time

-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment