Friday, November 24, 2017

Our Harvest Day Celebration.


I just thought I should share with you a little bit about Harvest . . .

I love the Harvest season, and more importantly I love the concept and the promise of it all . . .  You see it is a promise of God that you will reap what you sow.  Hence, you plant in a season, and a season will eventually come when you will receive a harvest from what you planted.  For this, I am Thankful




https://artteacher4purpose.blogspot.com/2017/11/our-harvest-day-celebration.html


I am a youth leader at my church.  I really enjoy it, it is a lot of fun.  It is also a lot of hard work.  I would like to share some pictures from this year but let me first tell you what harvest day is all about for us.

For many years my sister in-law and I worked together to have a celebration for the harvest season.  You know, instead of celebrating Halloween, we would wait a week after and talk about the harvest.  We would talk about how farmers planted their seed, watered it, and took care of it.  Then we would explain how there was a season where they expected a harvest from their hard work.  Now, depending on what type of seed they had sown, determined the time they would gather their harvest.


This year we had a treasure hunt where I wanted the kids to work together in teams to solve a riddle.  The main objective was for them to distinguish between good choices and bad choices.  Now the kids that we have in this youth ministry are not all from a church background.  They may or may not have been raised with the same Christian values and foundations from the bible . . . and this is ok.  It s our jobs as youth leaders in this ministry to begin sowing the right seeds into these kids so that one day the Kingdom will benefit from the harvest.  This is what we aspire to do: sow the good seed!

We are raising Kingdom Kids!!

 

https://artteacher4purpose.blogspot.com/2017/11/our-harvest-day-celebration.html

 



I realize that this is a big responsibility.  Therefore it is important for me to sow the right information into these kids.  I feel I have a responsibility to do so.  It is important that they know that they are important. It is necessary for them to know that they have a purpose.


https://artteacher4purpose.blogspot.com/2017/11/our-harvest-day-celebration.html



This is also about you!


This is a message that I am trying to get across to everyone.  It is my job to change mindsets so that you can start the next step in your journey.  You see,  once you realize that you have a purpose that has already been written by God, then you can grow your relationship with him and learn exactly what his vision is for you .  When you get a glimpse of the vision, then you will know how to prioritize your purpose. 


The following are 7 important concepts that I shared with the kids during Harvest Day.  I hope they are helpful to you as well. . .

 

https://artteacher4purpose.blogspot.com/2017/11/our-harvest-day-celebration.html

 

 

(Me talking with the kids)




#1 It is our job, as youth leaders, to teach everyone what they need to know about living life the right way. We are responsible for you. You might not understand everything now, but this is our job. To keep telling you the right thing over and over again so that you start to understand. In a spiritual sense, we have to sow a seed in you, a good seed; the word of God.

#2 You have different influences all around you. You are hearing different things. At church we are trying to teach you that this is a spiritual battle. You might not believe it, but it is. You have to hear the right things so that you know how to make the right decisions.


#3 I want you to know who you are:

You are smart, you are talented,
You are blessed and highly favored.
You have a purpose on this earth

Repeat this verse:

“I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13

 

Repeat this phrase:

I will walk in wisdom, truth, love, and faith.  I know who I am because I walk in my purpose.



#4  Focus on the good in your life.  Be thankful for the blessings God has giving you and don't take things for granted.  When you focus on the good and the positive, then you are strong.  If you surround yourself with the negative, you will be distracted.

The enemy’s job is to distract you


#5  I want you to know that when you start remembering things from the word of God, you are better prepared to handle the world. You won’t be as distracted and you will see things differently. God is on your side.

Remember this Verse:


First book of the new testament: Matthew

Always the lucky number to pick: 7


ASK


Ask and it shall be given unto you

Seek and ye shall find

Knock and it shall be opened unto you

Matthew 7:7





Get a notebook and write it down. There are a lot of lessons that God wants to teach us. There are many things that we need to learn. But a lot of times we forget. I want to encourage you to write things down. Ideas, plans, goals . . . these are things that the Lord is giving you to succeed at life.  If you ask God, he will give you the answer.  If you seek after truth, you will find it.  If you are grateful for what God has given you, more will be given to you.


#6  Be obedient to God, and  he will guide you.  Be obedient to your parents and your days will be long.  Be obedient to the adults around you, it just might save your life. Being obedient will open your mind up to a world of blessings because your elders  know more then what you know.


#7  Learn the right things.  Study the right advice.  Write down what God tells you.  Remember the lessons that you learn in church.  Sow these good seeds in your heart, and you will reap a good life.



We should all remember this lesson because God want us to  be around the right things, so that we can make the right decisions.  He wants us to be in the word so that our decisions are of his word . . .


More Pictures . . .




https://artteacher4purpose.blogspot.com/2017/11/our-harvest-day-celebration.html

This is our tree house fort that we had for the little ones.  We made it so inviting that the big kids went it also.  We had Joseph King of dreams playing inside.  They soon grew weary and I had my son change it to Ice Age . . .





A Big Thank you to the young ladies that helped me decorate: Jasmine, Kaliyah, and Alyssa.
A Big Thank you to those who came to help out and to support: Nae, Michelle, Cathy, and Sis. Denise!


https://artteacher4purpose.blogspot.com/2017/11/our-harvest-day-celebration.html


Of course, me being an art teacher, always have some type of craft for the kids.  They painted, they made Turkeys, and they used up all of my Hot Glue!!!  BTW- that is Jasmine trying to hide and keep her head down in all of the pictures.

 Hope everyone had fun.  Maybe you can join us next year! Until next time . . .

-Tamorra









No comments:

Post a Comment