Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving


I Love Thanksgiving, I love it so much in fact that I cooked today at home for Thanksgiving and I will go to my in laws tomorrow for a whole other Thanksgiving feast.

It is the end of the day and my eyes are heavy.  All I really want to do is go to sleep.  There are somethings that are weighing on my heart, but I'm not sure I am ready to discuss my heart to the world.  Not my most delicate spaces.  Not the sensitive parts that shiver to the touch of being unveiled.  I keep those things to myself, hidden for no one to see.  No one sees those things but me and my Lord.

So I think to myself if I hide things, then other people are hiding things everyday.  Sometimes you can see the pain in someone's eyes, but what if someone gets really good at hiding it.  How can you tell what someone is really thinking?  So many people have been hurt on the inside and I wonder what they do when they don't have Jesus in their lives?  How do they cope with the troubles in this world.

It is very hard to live without Jesus.


I try to be nice to everyone, because you never know what is on the inside of them.  Maybe you meet someone who has never been greeted with kindness.  Be that person who is kind.  Be that person who can make someone's day.  Point is, you never really know what someone is going through on the inside.

I'm telling you, something is going on with me on the inside, yet I am calm.  There is something different about the way I deal with sadness.  It just doesn't feel the same as it did before.  Before I would worry and be cast into loneliness.  But now, I give the burden to my Lord, and I feel better.  Although I am tired, I know that I will make it through.

I have been doing a devotional through Psalms, that has been very calming to my soul.  It has taught me to give thanks and praise to the Lord through the hard times,  through the happy times, and through all the times.  For he is great and worthy to be praised.  Our God is faithful and he will not let us down.  We should have peace in that.  We should be thankful for that.



"Offer unto God thanksgiving, and pay thy vows unto the most high . . . and call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee , and thou shalt glorify me." Psalms 50:14-15

 

"So will I sing praise unto thy name forever, that I may daily perform my vows." Psalm 61:8


In thee oh Lord do I put my trust . . ." 

Psalms 71:1


Oh, Lord how great are thy works! And thy thoughts are very deep. 

Psalms 92:2


It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and sing praises unto thy name, O most High.  

Psalms 92:1


So we thy people and sheep of thy pasture will give thee thanks for ever: we will show forth thy praise to all generations. 

Psalms 79:13


You Lord are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you.  

Psalm 86:5


The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made. 

Psalms 145:9



For his thoughts, for his love, for his compassion, for his kindness, for his character, for his covering, for his saving grace, and for his comfort I am thankful.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment