Friday, October 19, 2018

Freedom Friday: How I'm Crushing it! A Gary V book


I'm reading Crushing it by Gary V

If you are an Entrepreneur-Go buy it now-  Get it, Get it, Get it!

This book is getting me  just as hyped as Tim Ferris's book "4 Hour Work Week."


I no longer feel alone in my ideas and mindset.  If you are not aware of what is going on in my life it is simply this:  

I got laid off of my job as an art teacher.  This was a job that I had much passion for until I didn't.  The stress got heavier due to school policies and lack of discipline practices in the school.  Also, the wolfs of charter began to take over the public school buildings in Camden City where I worked.  It was a mess.  I didn't love it anymore.  My mind though was still set on education.  I have a passion for teaching that fuels my ambition to advocate change in the American Public School System.

The thing is, this new ambition came at a price.  Currently, I am not making as much money as I used to.  Therefore,  my house got sold in sheriff sale, my car is about to get repossessed, and I recently had to file for bankruptcy.  Most of my income right now goes to paying lawyer fees and my three kid's marching band expenses.  That's it.  I don't have money to shop for food, clothes, or personal hygiene items.  Like Gary V said "You will have to eat sh*t everyday!"  if you want to do this entrepreneur thing.  My trust is solely in the Lord for all of the things that I need.

I know that I am an entrepreneur because I've been selling things since I was a kid.  I used to write people's names in bubble letters at school.  I would charge a standard $1 fee for a quick drawing that took me 3 minutes to do.  I would charge more money if they wanted me to color it in.    I had another business of doing hair.  I loved braiding hair as a creative outlet.  This was one of the ways that I was able to pay for my senior trip in high school.   $10 dollars a pop for the front of your hair in corn-rows.  Half of the girls on my track team hired me to do their hair for the meets.  No one ever told me that I could scale that into a business.  I didn't know.  No one eve told me that I was an entrepreneur.  I want to let you know that if you do things on the side for a hustle, you may be an entrepreneur.  

I still do hair today, but it is not part of the grand plan of the things I want to accomplish in the future.

Let me tell  you how 

I'm Crushing It and How you can too!



I'm using my creativity everyday to be who I am.  I want to share my thoughts, ideas, and perspectives with the world.  My family may not understand this, but I know that I will succeed in what every I work hard at.  I'm working hard, but I'm about to kick it up a notch.  I often let the people around me influence the way that I think and act.  I had to let that thinking go.  I had to stop being a people pleaser and start being a doer.  This is how I'm crushing it:

#1 Be a doer

I started this journey about 2 1/2 years ago when I started writing this blog.  I felt a force that kept on nudging me to write a book that I was trying to write for the past 5 years.  I finally sat down and just did it.  It took me 2 years to finish.  However, from that book came a plethora of ideas of the different kinds of books that I can put together with the knowledge that I have for business, spiritual awareness, education, and life.

#2 Be Creative

I want to write.  I want to create.  I want to teach.  Finally, I want to live a fulfilled life on purpose.


There is a problem with this though,  If I want to write, I also need people to read. I am learning that people don't like to read.  Why?  Because life is too busy for people to take the time to read.  So, what I want to do is create a business where I can make short e-books with the subjects that you are interested in.  Then create a way for you to listen to it as you are on the go.  This is the business that I want to scale.  This is the business that I want you to be a part of.  This is how I'm crushing it. . .

#3 Be Patient

I started small, but I want it to grow. . .


The word says do not despise small beginnings.  We have to start somewhere.  What ever your business idea, know that you are providing a service.  Know that you can achieve success if you work hard and keep pushing forward.  Design your business to have a strong foundation so that it can keep growing and growing.  You have to be patient and not motivated by money. This is what I'm getting from this book. You have what it takes inside of you to "Crush it!"

Crushing it is about taking the time to write your vision, then making the small steps towards it. . .


#4 Change your Mind Set


"Crushing it" is actually a sequel to Gary V's  2009 release called "Crush it."  In "Crushing it,"  Gary reiterates very important entrepreneur tactics to scale your business using social media platforms.  He takes you on a mind shift awareness journey so that you can start to think about what you are doing wrong in your business and what you are doing right.  I highly suggest you buy the audio book because he goes off script, keeps you up to date with the changing media, and gets brutally honest with why your not crushing it!

Get your mind right!


#5 Become a Reader


This is why I love this book, it is an awareness book.  You don't know what you don't know until you know it.  These are the type of things that I write about on Fridays . . . Mind shifts!

This is a FREEDOM FRIDAY!

"Crushing It"   by Gary V. 



Go grab the book.  Change your mind about scaling your business.  Change your mind about working a 9-5 job and being ridiculously unhappy.  I encourage you to start living your life on purpose.  Love the life you live.  Love God.  Love what you do!

Today, I'm not making a lot of money but I am happy.  I'm about to self publish my book.  I'm getting ready to open my E-book business on my website Artteacher4Purpose.com.  I'm building a following and I just went back to school to get my doctorate in the Philosophy of Psychology in Cognitive Instruction.  The plan is to continue speaking on my passion for creative, and mindful education practices.

I'm Crushing It!

Yeeaaaasssssss!

This is good stuff and I just want to thank you for your comments, your shares, and for all my readers.


_About Freedom Fridays: _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

Freedom Fridays!!

Hello Friends. . .


It is a freedom Friday where I love to connect you to information about the mind bondage that we all are in.  We want to start to gain the insight to these systems that have been set up by the world kingdom.  These systems are  false systems set up by the adversary.  I encourage you to gain understanding of your enemy.  Even more importantly than that, I implore you to get to know your God, your creator.


Change your Mind:  Read Something!


Back in March I wrote a post:

Check it out when you get a chance and you can see what I read back in 2017 and 2016.


This is/was my "want to read list"


The Life to Come -Michelle De Krester

Lioness Arising- Lisa Bevere

Girls with Swords- Lisa Bevere

Viktor Frankl- Man's Search for Ultimate Living

Ask Gary Vee- Gary Vaynerchuck

Crushing It-  Gary Vaynerchuck


One Word- Evan Carmichael

Braving the Wilderness- Brene Brown

The Principles and Power of Vision- Dr. Miles Munroe

I'm currently working on 3 of these titles today. . . 



I have a goal of reading 10 books this year . . .I will surpass that goal!!

I read so far this year:

Crushing it- Gary V
Girl Wash Your face- Rachel Hollis
Forgotten God- Francis Chan
Declutter your way to Success-  Terri Savelle Foy
Circle Maker- Mark Batterson
Visioneering- Andy Stanley
3 Most Important Things in your Life- Mike Murdock)
(Seeds of Wisdom series- Mike Murdock)
For Women Only- Shaunti Feldhan
Purpose Driven Life Journal- Rick Warren
Battle Plan Prayer- Kendrick brothers
Proper attitudes towards Leadership

I'm reading now

Jesus Calling- Sarah Young
Care for the Soul- Thomas Moore
Braving the Wilderness- Brene Brown
Playing Big- Tara More
Abundance Now- Lisa Nichols
I'm dreaming of Some White Chocolate- Rhonda Rhea (this will be my December read)
Hearts of Fire (I never finished this but it was very good)


My 2019 Got- to-To Read List so Far

Into the Wild-  Jon Krakauer
School of Greatness- Lewis Howes
Girl Stop Apologizing- Rachel Hollis
The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck- Mark Manson

Additionally, the most important book that you can read in your life is the Bible.  My practice is to read something or meditate on something from the bible EVERY DAY!! This is where all the good books get their ideas.  The bible is the source and God uses people to interpret his word for us to understand. . . This is good stuff!

Great Talk_ Now Go do Something!
Until Next Time.
-Tamorra


No comments:

Post a Comment