Monday, October 8, 2018

Motivation for Monday:Let Your Light Shine



Good Afternoon and Happy Monday to You!


I went to a Marching band competition yesterday with my kids.  My son plays the trumpet and my youngest plays the saxophone.  I was surprised to learn that their band got reported the week prior for saying the Lord's Prayer before their performance.  This prayer huddle is something that the band director leads them in before every performance.  It is private, and not announced to the spectators.  As a Christian I am happy to let my children participate in a program with a strong moral stance for what is right.  I encourage the prayer, and see nothing wrong in planting these seeds in our children.  This was not the case for a group of parents from another school, however, who thought that it was "not appropriate and very offensive."

Here is the odd part, right after I heard the news, a band went on field with whips, chains of fire, and dancing demons.  Over the loud speaker I heard the theme of the show, "What would you sacrifice if you were to sale your soul to the devil!"  The entire show was very disturbing as the lead of the story continued to fight Satan for the love of his life.  Satan finally killed the girl, dragging her to the underworld with a chain of fire.  Over a speaker, Satan declared "Nothing here on this earth will last, it will all burn in hell!"

So, yes.  I was offended!


But guess what, I know that making a big stink and getting loud, and complaining to the officials was not going to change anything.  This is a war, but we are not fighting with flesh and blood.  No, we are fighting with principalities, spiritual wickedness, and powers of darkness in high places.  We address issues like this with prayer!


It is time to Pray Saints!


We must not be blind to the things that are going on is this world.  It is becoming more and more obvious that we are living in the end times.  I prayed a prayer.  I said "Lord have mercy on us because we know not what we do."  

Those kids didn't know what they were performing.  They probably just thought it was fun and that it was fun to dress up.  The world rejects the truth of what is going on because they just don't take it seriously.  My prayer was answered by the end of this marching band competition. . .

The last show of the day was performed by the host High School, ironically enough, 
"The Penns-Grove Marching Red Devils!"

The show started out with a little girl dressed in all white, holding a white orb of light and the loud speaker proclaiming:

Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 

I said: "Look at God!"


I am thankful that the Lord answered back in such a strong way.  There were bible verses through out the show.  The band even turned around a big tree of everlasting life.  Their dancers started off in all black, but then changed into all white: dancing to the glory of God.  One of the students proceeded to the microphone to sing, "This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine!"  My heart was filled with happiness and a message for you. . .

Your Motivation for Monday

Let Your Light Shine!

Don't be afraid to do great, big, giant things for Jesus.  No, this world was not meant for us, but we are meant to live to the glory of God.  We are his children and we were created to bring light to this world.  Our mission is to bring truth to this world.  Our purpose is to spread the truth of the light!

As I announce last week, I started school again.  I am having fun in my new journey as a doctoral scholar. Let me share something that I wrote as a word of encouragement to some of my new peers: 

"It is only at that moment when one opens his mind wide enough to see that perhaps he wasn't the first person to think a thought, but he is the only person to see it at the vantage point that he was born to see it at.  It is only at this time that he truly understands his purpose in this world. Our vision matters, so we must all have a vision. We must be prepared to argue and prove our vision. Our voice matters, so we need to find our voice amongst the sea of noise."

-Me

What ever is hidden inside of you, was not meant to be hidden.  You have light inside of you.  You have wisdom that God has place in you to share with the world.  YOU ARE SO VERY IMORTANT!!

Remember this, that our light was never meant to be hidden under a bushel:

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16



Our light is the knowledge and the wisdom that the Holy Spirit has placed inside of us. 
I take this time to applaud the creators of Penn-Grove's show.
Thank you for being brave enough to let your light shine!

Remember everyone to stay encouraged
and to Live your life on Purpose
all my love to you
Until Next Time
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment