Thursday, September 7, 2017

Since My Last Post


It has been 15 days since my last post. . .  and I am thinking to myself . . . nobody really cares.  Well except maybe my mom . . .


When I talk to my mom she always asks me, "Did you write today . . . how is the book coming?"  Her words are comforting and makes me feel like someone actually is taking my career change seriously. 

And I respond with a matter of fact tone of certainty and pride "Yes, the book is coming along . . . I'm actually editing it now . . .big things are happening!" 

However, I am having a problem.  I have been editing this book since January . . . I'm finished the book!  I just keep changing the book!  I am procrastinating on the next step and I don't know why.  I'm actually realizing that I am developing a habit of procrastination!

Yeah, that series that I was supposed to do for this blog, never completed it.  Probably because I am also developing a habit of not finishing things.  SMH, what is becoming of me?  I'm starting all kinds of projects and I am not finishing anything.  I have idea, after idea, after idea but I can't seem to make things come together.  Then I start to feel anxious about what I am not doing and I let everything fall to the ground like a discouraged juggling clown that has given up all hope.  I feel so silly!

Truth is, I like writing this blog and finding tidbits of inspiration because it is what I need.  If I need it, I know other people need it too.  I just haven't found the confidence to be bold enough to constantly promote my blog as something credible.  After all, who would listen to a beginner writer and entrepreneur wanna be with no real prior experience at being successful?

But that is "Stinking Thinking."  I have too change my mindset.

God redirects me every time I get to this point and he tells me that I am exactly who I am supposed to be.  I am exactly where he needs me to be.  I am being prepared to learn the lessons that I need to learn in order to become more like the person he needs me to be.  So, in my failure, I still grow.  I am still growing, and I forgive myself for my short comings so that I don't get trapped in them.  I talk to God so that he can lift me out of these tough processes and I start again.  I'm so glad that God gives second chances, third, forth, hundreds and hundreds upon thousands of chances to start again.  I know my redeemer lives.

So did I write my series?

Yes and No . . .


Sort of?  But then I realized that I should probably submit it to publisher because it was becoming such a long post.  Also, I was pouring myself into it and was just moved by the content.  Then I thought that it would go good in a book that I had already started to write . . . and so that is what I am going to do.  Pray for me.  I need an editor.  I need someone who is going to help me get this thing done.  I need to change my thinking, yet again . . .

I Finish Things 

I used to affirm this to myself all the time.  I would say it out loud and convince my self that I finish what I start.  So, right after this post I will spend 30 minutes commenting on what I said I would comment on . . . Better late than never!

Now, I say I need to change my thinking yet again because this is always happening to me.  I'm full steam, ready to change the world, but then I get around people who have no mind for change.  The people in my circle are always complaining about life or just don't have the same idea of determination and hard work as I do.  I am always being told that I need to get a job, I need to have  health insurance, and that I need to support my family.  These mind sets see security in the field of education.  I don't . . . I don't see the security in it, not anymore.

I read my bible more and more.  I get to know my savior more and more.  And he says that I don't have to worry about supporting my family, having health insurance, or trying to feel secure by holding traditional employment.  I understand I have to work, but now I have a different idea of what work is.  I serve my Lord.  He is developing my talents so that I work according to what he needs me to do.  I no longer depend on myself, but I depend on my God.  Hence, I need to start guarding my mind from those negative people.  Until I can learn how to deal with that, I just choose to avoid them as often as I can.

I'm Refocusing


So, I change the way that I make decisions.  I am going to stop hesitating when I have an idea.  I am going to complete my projects starting with  "Transitions" (The book that I am working on).  I am going to make those small necessary decisions that will change my life starting now. I am refocusing. Right Now . . . Oh how liberating!

This whole thing reminds me of a post that I wrote sometime ago about "The Five Second Rule,"  by Mel Robbins.  This book is still on my have to read list. I found another video on it, that I want you to check it out.  She says a lot about changing you mind habits and that way that you make decisions.  That is the good stuff of her speech . . . She also says that motivation is crap but I disagree with her on that . . . but I think that perhaps our definitions of motivation are different. 

The very fact that she is speaking about this idea (of changing your decision making habits) to so many people is motivation within itself.  Many minds have been changed and therefore so many lives.  Truly we know as Christians that all great ideas come from the almighty God, and it is awesome that he has used Ms. Robbins to interpret this concept and relay it to us for proper application.  This is  the motivation that one takes hold of  as truth and then downloads it in their understanding to which it then forever imprints inspiration.  This is what this idea is doing for me.  And because I found another video of her explaining it, I have a better idea of how to use it.  Check out the video.  And when you get a chance check out the book: "The Five Second Rule."



Until Next Time




Still to come, because I said I was going to do it . . . comments on


Being Mary Jane

Game of Thrones

The Death of Dick Gregory

The Eclipse

Race Riots (Charlottesville)

No comments:

Post a Comment