Monday, September 11, 2017

4 Thoughts for Monday Motivation!


A few quick thoughts God is giving me to motivate you this Monday:

#1 Stay creative . . . know that God has given you ideas to grow your business, to manage your household, to grow your ministry, and ideas to succeed in the kingdom.  We were made to stand out, hence your ideas are special.  We do not have to look like everyone else or follow the crowd.  Your creativity allows you to be a leader.

#2 Don't worry about what it looks like in this world, small doesn't necessarily mean failing.  It just means that God isn't going to put more on you then you can handle.  It could mean that he is preparing you for greater. 

#3 Accolades and praise on this earth are worthless, instead our effort should go towards the building up of the Kingdom.   Our reward will be great in heaven.  Prosperity of monetary gain may not be your path . . . we must except the role that God has written for us before the time (this age) began.  Do not be disappointed if your hard work doesn't make you rich.  We do not serve money, we serve the Lord.  Your work may be the seed for something worth way more: time with your children, inheritance for your family, good health, healthy relationships, proper examples of commitment, examples of Christian living, love, peace, and joy.  Money does not bring these blessings, only God's love can truly bring you fulfillment.  Hence, don't live by the world's definition of prosperity, but instead live by God's definition of prosperity.

#4  Don't forget to ask!  I was having a hard time today finding a center/clinic/doctor's office that would give me the PPD  for a reasonable price.  I only had $60 to get this shot, which is necessary for school employment.  I went to an urgent care center that was near my house as the last resort, this was after hours of searching online, calling, and visiting clinics that might be able to take me as a walk in.  On my way to this urgent care I saw an office called Patient First and thought it odd that there was similar urgent care facility right across the street from where I normally go.  I went to where I was familiar.  They explained to me that an appointment was $150 (with-out insurance), but if I just got the TB shot it would be $100.  I wasn't surprised at this, this was pretty much the going rate, I just couldn't afford that.

So, I ask the lady if I could do a payment plan or if they had any special programs that I can get a discounted rate.  She looked at me with pity in her eyes and said "No, hun.  I'm sorry, that is our discounted rate."

And so I hung my head, and became saddened by the fact that I had failed to get this shot.  Ironically, I didn't have the money for the shot that I needed in order to start working so that I can get some money.
As I was leaving the parking lot, I began to cry in my car.  As I approached the light to turn, I asked God why this wasn't working out for me . . . I got the reply "you never asked me."

So, I asked.  I began to pray right there in the car.  God opened my eyes to the Patient First across the street.  Before the light turned green, I told God to let me get this shot.  Then he told me to be more specific . . . So I asked:  "I give you the weight of this burden.  Let me get this TB shot, so that I can start working to help my husband meet what we need to do for the household. Also let it be under $50.00!"

I made my turn then another into the parking lot of the Patient First.  I approached the receptionist and asked her if they did the PPD test, she responded with a matter of fact "yes we do."

I asked her how much and she responded, "For just the PPD right?  That is $38.00."

I turned my left ear closer to the glass that she sat behind, and slightly bent my knees, with a shoulder drop "Oh, did you just say $38.00?"

She said, "Yes, $38.00"

I thanked God and proceeded to tell her my testimony of what happen to me that day and how I just prayed for this to happen.

I asked God, directly, and  specifically.  Not only did he answer my prayers, but he taught me how to pray them.  Thank God.  I'm so happy right now!

I pray that this is motivation for you because God set it on my heart to share that right away.  God Bless you.

Until Next Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment