Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Have Vision and Know your Purpose: Visioneering by Andy Stanley


 

 

 

Visioneering



I read books relative to finding my purpose. I want to gain a better understanding of what I am supposed to be doing in this life. This is why I read and I study about the purpose that God has written for me. What is my destiny? Why am I here on this earth?



Day by day it is my mission to know what I am supposed to be doing with my life. First step I know is developing my relationship with the Lord. I thank God for his guidance in my spiritual journey and my spiritual growth. Second step is helping others. I know that it is part of my purpose to get people started on their journey to find purpose. Third step is identifying and understanding the vision. Once we know that we are made for something bigger, God will give us a vision for our life. The vision at first is only a glimpse of the future, of the possibilities available in our lives. When we start to get clear on the vision, we have a better idea of what we are supposed to be doing day by day on purpose.



I have told you before that I am reading this book Visioneering by Andy Stanley and I want to share with you some quotes from the book that just might change your life!



It is so very important to be in the right environment in order for your vision to be nurtured and grow into maturity. Some of us don’t know what to do or where to go in order for our vision to come into fruition. It is hard to find like minds that will help support your vision. This is why I think it is so good to read books that can grow your understanding in subjects that you are not clear on.



I know that God has given me a vision, but I wasn’t too sure on what it all meant . . .Visioneering is a great outline of what a vision is, how one should work towards it, and the obstacles that will and must come on your journey to achieve it.



I am so glad that I read it and I will continue to study it . . .



So what is vision?




Briefly, a vision is something that God places in your heart to achieve after he has given you a picture of what it will look like in the future. It is something that uses your gifts and abilities to further the Kingdom of God. Vision is when you have the desire to complete an assignment that God has placed in your heart to do. You may not know how it is going to happen exactly, but you are now tied to it. You may not have all the details, but you are answering a call to the importance of what you see in the future. You feel a pull towards it that doesn’t just fade away. Your vision then becomes even more real than your current reality!



If you didn’t know, I am the art teacher for purpose who writes, creates, and promotes content that will help you find your purpose in life. It is now my life’s mission to connect you to the Lord and the necessary information to help you find your purpose in this life. When you find your true purpose, you find your place in God’s Kingdom, you will find the work that you are supposed to do for the building up of his kingdom.



Therefore, I present to you some things that stood out in this book that will help you on your journey to find your purpose. Perhaps you won’t read the book this year or next year, but I want to get you started on understanding the purpose of your vision and the importance of knowing your purpose.




These are quotes that will help you understand your purpose. . .



“Missing out on God’s plan for our lives must be the greatest tragedy this side of eternity. Granted this world offers a truckload of options when it comes to possible visions to pursue. But you were tailor-made, carefully crafted, minutely detailed for a selected divine agenda.”

P14


“Visions are born in the soul of a man or woman who is consumed with the tension between what is and what could be”

P17


Your vision will begin to feel like a moral imperative. As the burden in you grows, you will feel compelled to take action.

P25


“Don’t allow the seeming improbability of your vision to keep you from developing a strategy . . . Go ahead and develop a plan . . . Plan as if you know someone was going to come along and give you an opportunity to pursue your vision.”

P35


“God has you where he wants you. He is a master strategist. You are an important component in his strategy . . . God is using your circumstances to position and prepare you to accomplish his vision for your life.”

P49


“. . . If it is just a good idea, you have to make it happen. When God gives you a vision, there’s a sense in which you stand back and watch it happen.”
(I wrote it down but lost the page number)


“Spiritually speaking, faith is confidence that God is who he says he is and that he will do what he has promised to do. Faith is not a power or a force. It is not a vehicle by which we can coerce God into something against his will. It is simply an expression of confidence in the person and character of God. It is the proper response to the promise or revelation of God.”

P63


“When God first lays something on your heart for you to do, don’t tell anybody. . . To share a vision prematurely usually guarantees a less than warm reception.”

P75


“This world is filled with people who stopped one question short of finding an avenue that would allow them to pursue their vision.”

P79


“What could be and should be won’t be until God allows it to be.”

P83


“We must paint a vividly clear picture in the minds and hearts of our children of what they can become in their character, conduct, and even their careers. . . it is incumbent upon us as stewards of these precious lives to introduce them to their potential, to lift their eyes off of today’s realities and focus them on tomorrow’s possibilities.”

P 114


“Visions don’t become reality until somebody is willing to jump in.”

P127


“If God has birthed a vision in your heart, the day will come when you will be called upon to make a sacrifice to achieve it. And you will have to make the sacrifice with no guarantee of success.”

P129


“It is ok to have problems, it is not okay to ignore them.”

P173


“Maintain your moral authority at all cost. As a visionary, it is your primary point of leverage. Without it, you are no longer a leader worth following.”

P185


I am doing a great work and I cannot come down.


Nehemiah (bible)


“To accomplish the important things you must learn how to say no to some of the good things.”

P205


“Don’t allow criticism to distract you. If need be, vent to the father and then channel you excess energy back into the thing he has commissioned you to do.”
(again page?, I'll look it up later)


“Don’t allow what could take place to cause you to back down from pursuing what ought to take place.”

P214


“God’s ultimate plan for your life reaches beyond the vision he’s given you for your family, business, ministry, and finances. He has positioned you in your culture as a singular point of light. A beacon in a world that desperately needs to see something divine, something that is clearly not of this world.”

P225


“Don’t sacrifice key relationships while pursuing your vision.”

P230


And that is mostly what I got out of the book about finding and following your vision. This was a really good book and I do recommend it. It follows the story of Nehemiah and outlines what it really means to have a vision from God. This is a book that you need in order to prepare you for the Kingdom.


Get Ready to Receive your vision!!


Remember in order to Live your Life on purpose . . .
you should be reading and learning on purpose
Until Next Time
-Tamorra 



No comments:

Post a Comment