Monday, January 8, 2018

Motivation for Monday: What are you aiming for?

Good Morning friends,

I am technically on vacation until the 15th but I wanted to share something that has motivated me to keep doing what I am doing.  We all need encouragement, so I thank God that he has placed us together to encouraged each other in the Lord . . .

Here is an email that I received from Arabah Joy yesterday . . . It is a message that I shared with you before about "missing the mark."

We all may feel like we are going after the right things and that we are doing the right thing, but we must understand that only God knows what is right for us.  This means that we must stay in relationship with him so that he can guide us to the right thing, the right target . . .


Check this out:


Hi friend! 

He’s been dubbed America’s Unluckiest Olympian.
During the Olympics of 2004, Matt Emmons held a three point lead in rifle shooting and was guaranteed the gold.
With one bullet left to shoot, all he needed was a 7.2 to gain his second gold medal. He aimed …fired … BULL’S EYE!
Except he hit the wrong target. He had cross-fired, mistakenly aimed at a competitor’s target.
He was awarded a score of zero.
Instead of the gold, he finished last.
Matt learned the hard way that you can nail a target but miss the gold. Thing is, as Christians we can do the same thing.
Each morning when you wake up, you are like a sharp shooter. You are tasked with the responsibility of setting your sights on what’s most important, on what is ultimate, on what will qualify you for the win, and nailing it.
If you are like me, a hundred and one things start calling for your attention within mere seconds of waking. The to-do list, the kids, the smartphone, the clock, social media, they are all there telling us what to do. We can be like Matt Emmons, nailing whatever we aim at … but missing the target that counts.
What would happen if, each morning when the push and rush began, we already knew what our first and greatest target was? What if we remembered our bull’s eye, focused our sights on it, tuned out the distractions, and aimed our first moments of the day at the big black center that brings the win?
In his tract “Soul Food,” George Muller wrote,
“I saw more clearly than ever that the first great and primary business to which I ought to attend every day was, to have my soul happy in the Lord. The first thing to be concerned about was not how much I might serve the Lord, how I might glorify the Lord, but how I might get my soul into a happy state, and how my inner man might be nourished. For I might seek to set the truth before the unconverted, I might seek to benefit believers, I might seek to relieve the distressed, I might in other ways seek to behave myself as it becomes a child of God in this world; and yet, not being happy in the Lord, and not being nourished and strengthened in my inner man day by day, all this might not be attended to in a right spirit.”
Communion with God is soul food. It is satisfaction. As Muller says, it is how to get your soul into a happy state.
Seeking lesser glories is like being content with Doritos for breakfast when we could be having steak, eggs, hashbrowns, and all the fixins.
So humor me a bit because I have to ask it. Are you eating Doritos for breakfast?
Once we understand glory is THE hunger that needs to get satisfied each morning, we are well on our way to simplifying our mornings and shooting to win.

Friend, I hope you've had a chance to set your sights for this new year. I can tell you we are committed to walking this journey with you and honing in on the target that matters most. We want to be an army of sharp shooters this year. Amen and amen!

In Him,
AJ
www.arabahjoy.com


Thank you once again AJ for sending us a good message from the Lord . . .  Stay encouraged friends, to living this life on purpose.

Until next Time,
Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment