Monday, January 15, 2018

Motivation for Monday: Our Heart and Our Praise!


Good Morning Friends,


I just wanted to let you all know how special you are.  You are not only special to me for being a loyal reader, but you are so very special to God.  I have told you before that you were made for a purpose. You were chosen to be here on this earth.  You needed to be born to the parents you were born to, at the time you were born in, and at the place you were raised at.  You have been a change agent in so many people's lives but you were never really aware; but God had a plan.  God designed your life to be a witness for him.  Isn't it time for us to become aware of who we are?  Isn't it time for us to live our lives on purpose?

It makes me so happy to praise God in the morning when I wake up.  I'm happy to know that I still have a purpose, so I praise God for another go at it.  Now, my praise doesn't necessarily look like your praise nor does it look like the praise that you give at church, at least not all the time.  My praise might be a quiet time of prayer in my closet, my praise is acknowledging him on this blog, my praise is a run around the block thanking him for legs to move and the energy to go!

I asked God before, why do we praise?


I was in church one evening and it was revival time.  The church was packed from the front to the back, with the overflow in the balcony.  People's eyes were closed, and their bodies were swaying like the waves of the sea.  I listened to the sorrow filled cries, groans, and moans coming from the hearts of the people.  Some were clapping and dancing while others were jumping and falling down.  I was waving my hands as his presence filled the room; desperately wanting to catch the spirit of the Lord.  At the same time, it was late, I was tired, and I had a head ache! So I opened my eyes.  I looked at all the people and I honestly asked the Lord, why are we doing this?  What is this for?


I did get an answer. . . the Lord said that "Your praise is a sacrifice.  It is an outward expression of your faith.  It is pleasing to me because it shows me the nature of your heart.  I can do a work in your heart when you praise me."

God wishes to do a work in our hearts . . .

An open heart surgeon has many tools to look at the heart and examine it's condition before he goes in for surgery.  But how can the surgeon come up with a plan to complete the surgery if the patient refuses treatment?  The surgeon then has no eyes to see the blockages, or to determine if you need one stint or a triple bypass.  He can't determine the extent of your sickness. . .

We have to let God see where he needs to work in our lives!

Of course your natural heart is not the same as your spiritual heart. This is just analogy . . . go with it . . .but know this:

Your spiritual heart is your mind, your will, and your emotions; better known as your soul.  Your soul and your spirit is not the same thing.  Matter of fact, it is important to know that you don't have a spirit . . . YOU ARE A SPIRIT!!

Hence,  our God knows that we were born with a sinful spirit, and his spirit (The Holy Spirit) has to look at the condition of our heart so that he knows that we are one of his, he reclaims us for his own, he fixes our heart so that we can live a better life according to his purpose and his will.  He gives us an echocardiogram to monitor our progress because not every surgery goes as smooth as he would like.  Many times the adversary tries to place cancer in other organs that make it harder to recover. We are so conditioned in our old nature that sometimes we don't notice that we help the adversary instead letting God do his work. 

What are we doing wrong?

We eat the wrong thing:

We are actually feeding our spirits a bunch of junk that is then conditioning our hearts.  We watch the news, tv programs, movies, and you tube.  We collect the  preachers that preach to us smooth things, things that we want to hear.  We surround ourselves with people who gossip and are not really about living a Kingdom life style.  We work ourselves into exhaustion and we put God on the back burner. We are eating a bunch of junk food.

Instead, we should be hearing and reading the word of God everyday.  This is good food for the spirit.  We have to stop going to see the doctor malnourished and expect him to fix us over night!  It doesn't work that way.

We need to exercise more:

Reading your bible and praying are spiritual exercises . . . but there are so many more that we should be doing to strengthen or spiritual muscles.

-Reading and meditating on the word
-Praying, Adoring, Praising, Thanking and Listening to God
-Surrounding yourself with like minded people
-Asking Forgiveness
-Increasing Giving
-Loving
-Keeping your word
-being committed and consistent

The list goes on and on . . . These are the ways of the Lord.

We need to meet with the doctor regularly:

The more we can be directed by the doctor about the right thing to do vs. the wrong thing; the more prepared we will be for any lie that the adversary will throw at us.  We must let the doctor test us, try us, and make us better.  We must be willing to let him treat us and look at our problems.  The doctor needs to come up with his treatment plan and we then need to follow it.

We have to let the doctor do his work.  We must go in for appointments regularly.  We must eat the right things.  We must exercise.  We have to do our part so that the doctor can do his part.  

We must know that we are weak, but it is God that makes us strong.  It is God that gets us in the condition to accept Jesus as our savior and receive our new spirit, a new baby spirit, not born in sin; but a spirit that has to be nurtured, and cared for.  This is a spirit that is still the essence of you, but now has the life support of Jesus Christ.  This is the spirit that needs to hear the word, this is the spirit that needs to grow into perfection.

Here is the motivation:

Start eating the right thing, so that your heart is healthy!

Feed your spirit with the word of God.
Praise God so that he can view the condition of your heart.



Here goes the thing . . . your praise might not be a victorious outward hallelujah shout at first, and that is okay.  You may never get to the point were you feel comfortable with that outward public expression of praise . . . there is nothing wrong with praising God privately.  Actually, God knows what you do in secret and he will reward you openly for your sacrifice.

Listen to the voice of the Lord, he is your doctor. What is that thing that he is telling you to do.  What ever the doctor is telling you to do is for your health.  Don't procrastinate or wait until you get too sick.   Do you believe him, or do you just sort of believe him?  Do you think that your treatment plan is better or are you going to listen to the doctor?

Stay motivated to continue your walk with the Lord.  Stay motivated to stay in his word.  Stay motivated and know that you are special.  God chose you to do a work here on earth.  Now, what is it that you are going to start doing to show your praise to the most high God?

Stay encouraged and find a way to praise God.  Live your life on purpose.

All my best Always
Until Next Time
Tamorra






For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. 25Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.


26A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. 27And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.


28And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God. 29 I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you. 

Ezekiel 36:24-29 KJV

I use Bible Hub

http://biblehub.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment