Monday, June 18, 2018

Motivation for Monday: In Times of Crisis

This is motivation for Monday which will soon be Tuesday . . .


What a day, what a day.  I really wanted to get this post out a lot earlier but I locked my self out of the house. I had to wait 3 hours for my kids to come home from school to open the door for me.  SMH. Do you want to feel my reconstruction of frustration as I  reminisce about how I had to sit in my 95 degree sweltering garage?  I had no key to open the door that led to the cool air conditioned house.  It just wasn't the best situation.  Bright side: I did manage to clean out a corner of the garage.  There was a much needed declutter rescue mission that needed to happen, and it did happen today.

Everybody's Crisis is different and has different levels.

Friends, some of us are bad planners, while some of us are just slow learners.  Some of us are slow healers, while others are just excited to jump into new things with out a safety net.  Some of us are too safe and we never experience anything in life.  Every person has their own experiences and their own conflicts with life.  Let us all be sensitive to each person's situation and to each person's crisis.  What is not a crisis to you may very well be crisis to someone else.

My above complaint about me spending three hours cleaning my garage is my excuse for not getting to my blog.  It was no one else's fault but my own.  It happened because of my poor planning.
Another thing I didn't plan for was my total melt down at church on Sunday.  It was Father's day.  I was so busy doing running around for the Church, I did not stop to think that my emotional ticker was soon to go of.  I had lost my father this past December and I'm not alright yet.  I hurt.  I cry when I start to actually remember that he is no longer here with me.  Father's day is a huge reminder of that fact.  I failed to plan for the emotional pull this loss really had on my soul and so I had a melt down.

It would not be fair for me to expect any person to feel my pain like I did.  Or would it?  Would it be a requirement for people to get down in the sludge with you, feel your pain with you during your time of crisis and cry your same tears of hurt?  Perhaps.  Perhaps not.  Let me tell you who was there for me . . . The Holy Spirit. . . In both situations, the Holy spirit sent me comfort.  First,  he had sent my daughters to me; rubbing my back and telling me to breathe.  I wept for my daddy on the bathroom floor, fetal position, wanting to see him on Father's day. Then, today in the garage, the Holy Spirit calmed me down and gave me something constructive to do.  

Only the best of friends share and feel your hurt.  They cry with you and they cry for you.  The Holy Spirit is your best friend.  He knows exactly who to use in order to talk directly to you in your time of crisis.





I just want to let you know that we all are hurting.  We all are experiencing some type of crisis in our lives.  I want to let you know that you can get through it.  You can and will overcome like you have many times before.  Be strong and be courageous.   Remember what the Lord told you:  He will never leave you nor forsake you.  Believe this.  Keep your faith and your hope in the promise of eternal life.  You can live this life.  You can get through any crisis!

I was reading this book by Mike Murdock called "Wisdom for Crisis Times."  The chapter on divorce really resonated with me because it was very practical in applying wisdom to the process of moving forward.  We can relate the wisdom found in this chapte to any loss or break away from something familiar.  I was really looking at it regarding the loss of my job.  I even tried to use this wisdom to help navigate my feelings about losing my father.  It pointed out the following:

-God is the only one that can heal your broken heart
-Change your focus:  Focus on your future
-Change you conversation because you former mate is not your enemy.
-Yes it is a crisis time, yes it is a failure, but it does not have to be fatal or final for you.

2 scriptures to meditate on:

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee."  Isaiah 26:3


"What so ever things are true . . . honest. . . just. . . pure. . .lovely. . .of good report; if there be any virtue, and . . . praise, think on these things" Philippians 4:8

APPLICATION

and also your Motivation for Monday:

Think of the goodness of the Lord and these loving type of thoughts will get you through your crisis time.

 I am just sharing with you a few things out of this book that I think will help you through any type of loss, or crisis time.  We may not always be prepared but we must make the best out of a bad situation.  We may not always be ready, but we have to keep focus to keep moving forward.

Before I go, let me leave you with these "Wisdom Keys" for getting through Crisis times as spelled out my Mike Murdock in his book.

-Your struggle is proof that you have not yet been conquered.
- Satan is the real source of all your pain you will experience in your life time
-God never consults your past to determine your future.
-Your measure of forgiveness to another, determines God's measure of forgiveness to you
-If time really heals, then God is not necessary (so time does not heal, God does)
-Your focus determines you feelings (focus on the good)
-Loneliness is Not the absence of affection, but the absence of direction
-Never discuss your problem with someone Incapable of solving it
-Crisis is merely a season for creativity
-You have no right to anything you have not pursued
-The broken become masters at mending


and with that friends, I encourage you to keep pressing towards the mark of the higher calling.
We feel pain, and we are often inconvenienced by the circumstances of life,
but God loves us.
Jesus died for us
and his Holy Spirit is sent to comfort us in times of crisis

Live your Life on Purpose
Live for God
Until Next Time
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment