Monday, June 4, 2018

Motivation for Monday: Your Confidence

Greetings friends,

Art Teacher here to motivate you for your week ahead.  I am here to let you know that God loves you and he has great plans for your life.  I like to think of myself kind of like a spiritual growth mentor. . . I'm not trying to say that I do this thing better, not at all.  We each have our walk and our own personal journey to truth.  We each need to develop our close and personal relationship with the Lord.  Don't let anyone try to convince you that you have to do more in order for God to want a relationship with you.  He loves you, and he desires a relationship with you.

I would like to help you develop

a closer relationship with the Lord.

I have to be honest, I do feel like I have recently entered into a whole new arena with God.  It feels good to communicate with the Lord. I don't make this statement for anyone to doubt their personal communication with the Lord, but instead, I wish to open your eyes to the possibilities of a relationship with him.  A close, intimate, and personal relationship is important.  it is necessary to survive this life.

Perhaps there were those who came before us who have experienced this intimacy with the Lord, but they just didn't know how to share it with others. Perhaps too many of us have encountered those high minded, holier than thou Christians who forgot about their journey.  They forgot about their sinful nature and their backward thinking.  Now, they go around trying to make others feel bad about a journey  they must live in order to meet their full potential.  These type of so called Christians like to steal other people's confidence.  I say, enjoy your life, this is the reason why God gave it to you.  I say, develop a relationship with the lord so that he can tell you the best way to live your life.  Keep your confidence.

Some good Christian examples never had a platform to really share with others their step by step journey.  Often times we just see the "great man of God," or the "spiritual prayer warrior," with out really knowing everything that they have went through.  Everyone has room to grow in Christ. Everyone.

As Christians, we have many troubles, many trials.  I have said before that our trials make us stronger.  It is all about the training and all about the process of living, learning, and loving.

Do you have difficultly finding confidence?

Does your difficult trials make you doubt your journey?


I have been going through something for the past 5 years.  It's hard.  I haven't quite found my footing yet.  When I think things are getting better, things get worse.  Sometimes I feel like life is too much of a struggle to go on.  I lose my confidence often in myself, but I have full confidence that God will bring me through all my troubles.  This is the confidence that I have to hold on to.

***

Something that I have been battling with lately is my confidence.  It's low . . . and going lower . . .

Why is this?

I have peace in the Lord but everything that can be going wrong is.   


I'm not too concerned with my bankruptcy, until they tell me I need to replace my roof.   I'm not too concerned that I don't have steady work until I have a fight with my husband about paying bills.  I'm not too concerned with my business not making any money until I am reminded that I have to pay for the renewal of my website.   I'm not too concerned that I have a few followers on Google + until someone challenges me on what I "should be doing."  I'm not too concerned about the battery on my car going dead again until someone reminds me of where I need to be.

I'm not really sweating it until someone or something else tries to make an interpretation of how I should feel about it . . .

I rebuke the attack of the enemy on my mind!


Here is the thing, if I keep listening to those other people, I will end up in my bed, under the covers everyday!  Probably throwing a whoa is me pity party, watching Netflix, and eating my favorite snacks.  But I know this is the state that the enemy wants me in.  And although I may feel this way sometimes, I know that it is not beneficial to my growth.

I reach back and remember the promises of God.  I reach back and think about what he said he will bring me through.  I reach back and remember that he said he will never leave me nor forsake me.  I reach back and remember that he told me that he has plans for me.  I reach back and remember that he said if I was obedient to what he told me to do, then I would be ok.

What does this mean?


This means that people will bring messages to you in all types of situations.  They will bring messages of defeat, of doubt, and of shame, but you should not believe those people.  They don't know that they are being used by the enemy.  The enemy is a liar!!  Instead reach back and remember the promises of God.  Reach back to the word and grab your confidence!

All of these troubles I see are trying to steal my confidence.  Any type of theft is a tactic of the enemy. Any type of lie is a tactic of the enemy . . .

Devil You can't have my Confidence!


Here goes a truth that is going to blow you away . . . You are responsible for keeping your confidence.  The scripture says don't throw it away.  I no longer will blame people.  I will continue to love them.  Instead, I hold my self responsible for the truth that is in my heart.  If I don't put the right things in my heart, then how will I know if I am being lied to.  I keep my confidence by knowing the word of truth.

This is what I say to all those voices in my head about the money situation.  This is the main situation for many of us: MONEY!  The enemy tries to use it, or lack of it, to get us to forget the promises of God.  Over and over the enemy tries to tell me what I can and cannot afford.  Instead, I just thank God for the roof that is already over my head!  It is still there and it is still holding up.  I found out that I don't have to renew my website until 2019, they sent me the reminder 1 year early!  I just got an email that my substitute job offers work over the summer, so that it taking care of.  God reminded me that I know what I am doing with building my E-Book business because I am the one who is doing the research for it and anyone else can put their two sense in anywhere they want to.  They don't know the amount of work I am doing, so, they have nothing to say to me!  

I am currently waiting on the answer about the car.  I think the consensus is that I should stay home and write this week.  Which would be a great treat for me!!

The word tells me that my labor is not in vain.
He loves me too much to leave me
He has plans for me
He is my present help
He will provide all my needs
He gives me hope for a future
He gives me joy
peace
patience
provision
vision


I believe God.  I have grown to the point where I sow the word of truth in my heart so that any lie that comes against me I combat it with scripture.  I no longer believe the limits that the world puts on me.  Instead I know that this walk will take patience.  It may not happen as fast as I want it to, but all my trust is in the Lord.  All of my confidence is in the Lord.  He doesn't fail.

I said all of this to motivate you to keep going in what ever God has called you to do . . .

Motivation for Monday:

DO NOT throw away your confidence, it would be greatly rewarded!

Hebrews 10:35



Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward.  For ye have need of patience that, after ye have done the will of God ye might receive the promise. KJV


God promised us a lot.  I encourage you to look in your word and find those promises.  Sow this word in your heart.  Read it, listen to it, study it.  This is going to help you to grow into that prayer warrior or that great Man/Woman of God.

Check this video out.  I looked at this message over the weekend, which inspired me to write this post.  I watch teachings like this all of the time because it feeds my soul.  This is from the Elevation Church.  The preacher is Steven Furtick.  He is an awesome man of God.



Live your journey on Purpose
Do not throw away you confidence
Until Next Time
Tamorra


2 comments:

  1. “Devil You can't have my Confidence!”....Love this!!! Well done 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading and commenting . . . it is a great encouragement to me. Have a great week!

      Delete