Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Teacher Tuesday. . . thinking about becoming a teacher?

Hello friends!

It is a happy Tuesday.  I'm excited to greet you this morning.  I just had an idea for an article that I am about to write and I am totally pumped!!!

There is always so many things that I want to share with you on Teacher Tuesday.  Usually my post have a spiritual/ religious connection to it.  The main reason for this is because I feel that everything is spiritual.  Everything is connected to God and his plan.  So when I tell you being a teacher is very spiritual, believe it.  I believe everything that the Lord tells me.  Your experiences in life is for your growth.  Our purpose is to grow.

Teaching is the growing experience. . .

I am not only talking about being a preacher or a spiritual teacher in a church setting; right now I am talking about being a teacher in the public school setting.  It will definitely mold you into a person of organization, patience, and love.  You will gain insight to why the world is the way that it is as you develop a love for your students.  You begin to empathize and care for them as if they were your own.   You will question your effectiveness.  You will be tired and hopeless at times.  You also will be full of joy and intrigued at other times.  You will be on an emotional roller coaster as you attempt to navigate your teaching strategy.  You will continue to do the hard work, while administration boggles your mind down with new tests, new curriculums, and new meaningless trainings they could have paid you to do.  However, you, teacher, get by on your low starting salary of 53K a year, struggling to make ends meet for your family.  You, teacher,  you keep doing it for the medical benefits, but most importantly for the future of your students.  You, teacher, become a silent hero and this is your growth experience: You give your life for the sake of a brighter tomorrow.




"I wish I could tell everyone thinking about being a teacher to “go for it!” But it is a hard job. It consumes a lot of your life in ways that you wouldn’t expect."


I got this quote from an MSN article that I was reading about a 7th grade teacher from Hawaii. She gave some insight about what it is really like being a teacher.  She was asked questions like:


Do you think teachers are respected?
What do you think in general about having a teaching career?
Do you think teachers are under-valued?
Do you feel fulfilled as a teacher?
Would you recommend others to enter the profession?



"If a person thinks they want to go into teaching, I recommend they test it out a bit: Tutor kids, work a summer camp program, or become a substitute teacher or education assistant. If you enjoy it, then start the process to become a teacher. I would also recommend researching programs that can help them pay to become a teacher so they don’t add student loans to their lives, which adds a huge burden to new teachers."
-7th grade teacher from Hawaii

I'm a Teacher With a Side Hustle


It was a good article, I suggest you check it out.  Click the Link above to access it.  It is called "I'm a Teacher with a Side Hustle and I'm not the only one." 

Read it, especially if you are thinking about becoming a public school teacher.  There are a lot of things to consider and to think about.  This country needs dedicated, strong teachers that will stand up for themselves and their students.

With that said, I also wrote an E- book about this very thing. This is my side Hustle! I feel that new teachers really need to know what it is like to be in the trenches.  I taught preschool for five years, and general art for four years in a public school setting.  It was hard work!!  Let me tell you that it was all worth it.  The experiences, the interactions, and the lessons I have encountered was a tremendous process of growth.  My E-book is called: 10 Tips for Beginning Teachers.  It talks about some of my experiences as a public school teacher.  It tells you things that other teachers won't tell you about the work load, the resources, and classroom management.  There are a lot of things to manage as a teacher.  Somethings, I wish I knew before I started teaching.  So if you are thinking about becoming a teacher, Buy it, it is only $3.99 as the E-book, but will be more as the printed version.

You can check it out on amazon here:





That is it for now.  I am definitely going to write an article on my Website: Artteacher4purpose.com

It will be about the upcoming convention in Atlantic City
About the spiritual aspects of teaching
Also about getting involved in changing the way that the system works
We have to know better in order to be better

Remember to live your life on Purpose
Until Next Time
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment