Monday, September 10, 2018

Motivation for Monday: Make Good Decisions

I received a letter from Terri Savelle Foy the other day telling me to quit.  This was strange because I remember her sending me a letter before telling me "don't you dare quit!"  I knew there was more to the story, so let me explain. . .

Sometimes we have to make some tough decisions.  Focused people,  you know those people who seem to have it all together, those successful people;  they know how to make decisions quickly.  They can identify those things that will benefit them and the things that will not.  This is what makes them financially successful.  If there is something that is in their life that does not match up with their personal vision, then they cut that part out and find something that is beneficial to the overall vision.  Successful people know what they want and they make calculated decisions on how to get there.

They know how to quit!


Well I know I want to go to heaven and I want you to go too.  So, I want to make calculated decisions to spread the word of God to more and more people.  In order to do that, I may need to cut some activities, some people, and some habits out of my life. This means that I have to quit somethings. The Lord showed me very clearly what he has planned for me.  Now it is up to me to follow the plan he has for me.





Now, when you are following God, he gives you a vision.  A vision is something that you see that will come in the future.  The word says wait on the vision, it is for an appointed time.  So, you will learn patience during the time that you are working towards that vision.  You will also learn how to follow the direction of the voice of the Lord.  Obedience to that small still voice is key.

I am at a cross roads in life.  I have to make some important decisions that are going to help me build my relationship with the Lord.  I need to give up some things in order to make room for God.  This is where the "Quit" comes in.  The word says that you need to "count the cost,"  meaning you need to take inventory of your life everyday.  You have to make important decisions about what you are willing to give up in your life and what you are willing to sacrifice in order to follow Jesus.

I had told the Lord that I will live a surrendered life.  Therefore, I will follow him to where he needs me to go.  I imagine the possibilities of what he has for me but he is the one that will direct me to the best things that he has for me.  Therefore, I need to trust him.  So when he tells me that I need to throw away the access stress in my life, that is something that I am willing to do.  When he tells me that I need to stop watching so much TV, that is what I am going to do.  When he tells me to stop drinking so much coffee, or stop buying so many clothes, or stop living irresponsible;  I need to listen.  I need to pay attention.

Pay Attention to the voice of God.

I just want to encourage you to keep paying attention to that inside voice.  You know, that voice that is telling you the right thing to do.  This is your instinct.  This is your intuition.  This is the voice of God.  We often get in trouble when we start reasoning things out.  We start thinking about the what if's, and the "it's probably not going to work,"  or "it is not going to well right now . . ."  I am here to tell you to be bold in Christ.  Be bold in who he has made you to be and become.  It you are not happy in your current situation,  It is time to Quit!

LOL, people get me wrong on this all of the time.  I am not telling you to go out and quit your job today.  But I am telling you to start making careful and calculated decisions to change your life.  Come up with an exit strategy!!

It is time for me to change the way that I am thinking about this life and start making decisions that benefit the Kingdom.  I can no longer stay still and hope for the best.  Change only comes when you make different decisions in life.  If you keep making the same safe decisions, you will stay in the same place.  I am exercising my brain by thinking more.  We need to start thinking things through to the end. If we don't, we will continue to be crazy, while believing that everything is normal.

I want to live for the Lord.  I want to here well done my good and faithful servant.  I want to do the will of my father and heaven.  I don't want to bury my gifts and I don't want other people to use me until they use me up.  I am ready.  I am ready to Live!!  The Lord has made me free, through the death of Jesus Christ and I am free indeed.  I will not go back into slavery for anyone!!

Your motivation for Monday

You are Free Indeed

Do not go into slavery for anyone.

Start living your life free

Breathe

Live

Be Happy





   This letter was an  interesting confirmation from the Lord because I was waiting for a very important answer to a prayer I had.  The answer was quit.  The letter from Terri confirmed it.  Just taking a little time to think about what it means to quit allowed me to put somethings into perspective.  It was something that I knew already, but it had to be made clear.  I understand now.  I have to  leave something very important to me behind, so that I can move forward in the vision.  We don't have time to do everything all at once, but we can make decisions today that will benefit the vision of the future.

One of the very best decisions that you can make for your life is to live for the Lord.  This will look different to different people.  Believe me, it is the best thing that you can do.  Don't give up on life, keep living.  Do some research if you need to and learn about the goodness of Jesus.

Until Next Time
-Tamorra


If you like to read and you enjoy my writing check out my website:

Artteacher4purpose.com

Also,  If you desire to live a better life, a different life;  I encourage you to get a free copy of my E-book "Get Ready to Live"

Just click the link below, scroll down, and get your free PDF Download today.


1 comment: