Monday, April 8, 2019

Motivation for Monday: from Him comes my Salvation



Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.
Psalms 62:1

Happy Monday to you!

I am having a calming day so far and I pray that you are as well.

I would like for this blog to be inspirational to the point of making people happy, but more importantly, I want this blog to feed your soul.  I want the truth of the word of God to shine through it, in it, and around it.  However, I am learning more about who I am and  I am learning more about who the Lord is.  I am learning that I am often flawed in my interpretation of the world around me.  This is why it is so important to seek after Jesus yourself.  There is no man on earth that is going to get you to heaven except for Jesus.

My upbringing makes me concerned with certain issues in the world and in religion.  For this reason I get involved with issues in church, education, and government policies.  This may not be where your interests are, so, again, I encourage you to let Jesus show you your purpose in this world.  We each have one. I and you are alike.  There are specific experiences, attitudes, and beliefs that form who we are as individuals.  We all carry insight, we all carry perspectives that can mold this world into something different. I am learning that the battle is not mine, it is the Lord's.  Hence, I encourage you to develop your own personal relationship with the Lord so that he can guide you.  He is the one that will show you what kind of job you need, what type of church to attend, what type of business to start, and what kind of prayers to pray.


I love God.  I love Jesus.  I often fall back on these two thoughts.  These thoughts remind me that God loves me and Jesus loves me.  These are truths that we need to hold on to forever and ever.

Why is this important to remember?

These are truths that are important to remember because as we navigate ourselves through this life, things happen.  Life beat us up, because we are not 100% sure in how to live it.  I think some people have learned some pretty successful strategies to live this life.  However, when others try to explain to us how to live our best life, the truth is often lost in translation.  The truth is this:  Jesus died for our sins and now we are free.  Believing in Jesus means that you accept him as your savior, your deliverer, and your salvation.  This is something that most Christians are taught.  We are taught a lot of things but we don't always understand.  Just hearing that we need to believe in Jesus doesn't mean that our soul understands.  It doesn't mean that your mind has received the power of that message.

Through these posts, my writing, my poetry, and my teaching, I try to communicate truth to you.  There is so much peace with Jesus.  Believing in him means that you trust him to guide you through this mess of a world.  Don't get stuck in one place of your own understanding.  Keep growing.  Keep learning.  Keep seeking after Jesus.  The word says; If you ask, it will be given to you, if you seek, you will find, if you knock, the door will be opened to you. . . (see Matthew 7:7)

Here is your Motivation for Monday:
Jesus will never leave you nor forsake you.


Understand this and you will leave behind that spirit of self condemnation.  Leave behind that spirit of not doing things right, or those feelings of self pity, victimization, shame, failure, or disappointment.

Life is a journey and you must learn in that journey. You must grow in that journey. You are going to misstep sometimes but everyday is another day to start over.  Let the Holy spirit, (The spirit of God, who is also Jesus) guide you in that journey.  He wants to give you peace; and joy; and happiness; and purpose.  He wants you to feel better in this life.  He wants to give you hope for an future so that you have something to look forward to.  Have hope in your salvation!

What is salvation:

Your salvation is your free gift of everlasting life.  It is a promise that the Lord has given to you through the death of Jesus Christ on the Cross.  Jesus's death represents the perfect sacrifice to atone for the sins of the whole world.   Jesus, because he is also God, is so holy that his death covered everyone in the whole world.  Believe that and trust in that.  This is the good news that brings hope, love, peace, joy, truth, and comfort to your soul.  We get to be reunited with our creator.  Not everyone has the mind capacity to believe such a thing but I tell you that this is the truth that will feed your soul.  This is the truth that will set you free.

One more thing before I go . . .

I had a very intriguing thought over the weekend that I think will help a lot of people. . .

Here it goes:

"If you want to be a scholar of anything, learn how to study yourself"

I can go on in another blog post of what this means to me, but I'm going to let it simmer a little bit for you to ponder on. . .

Until next time
Remember to live your life on purpose
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment