Monday, April 15, 2019

Motivation for Monday: Freedom of Mind

Good Morning Friends,

I greet you with joy on this rainy day in New Jersey!  I pray that you stay dry and have a blessed day ahead. . .  A few announcements though . . .

Guuuurrrlss!!! I just found out yesterday that they are bringing Mary Jane back to BET! OMG . . .I am so happy because I was just thinking about that show.  I might even start a blog about it!  No, I won't do that, but I have been out of the TV advertisement loop for awhile.  Any TV that I watch is live streamed which consist of "This is Us," and  "Grey's Anatomy."  I do limit my TV watching because the Lord tells us to guard our mind.  It is important not to fill your brain up with nonsense, but I'm here to let you know that it is okay to watch TV.

Everyone was getting excited last night about the premier of "Game of Thrones."  I didn't get a chance to watch it, wasn't too in to it yesterday, but maybe another time.  I think someone was surprised that I watched "Game of Thrones." Perhaps they thought that I was "Too Holy" to watch something so racy.  I want to let everyone know that the holiest person you know may be more human than you know.  The holiness that you see on someone has more to do with the Holy Spirit then it does with the actual person. . .

I thank God for the freedom that he has sent us.  This doesn't mean that we indulge in all fleshly and lustful things.  No.  Not everything is good for us.  Not all things will lead us in the right direction.  The Lord wants to lead us to love.  He wants to lead us to life.  He will teach us along the way how to guard our minds.

Watching TV is  a big part of our culture.  I have to tell you that there are some denominations that tell you that you will go to hell if you watch TV, go to the movies, or drink coffee.  Well, I am a movie buff, I love to watch my favorite shows to relax, and I will be drinking my coffee after I write this post.  And guess what,  the Lord knew this about me.  And guess what else, I love the Lord.  And guess what else, God loved the world so much that he gave his only son to die for these sins. We are not trapped in our sin.  He already saw what the culture was going to become, he already sent the solution . . .


Here is your Motivation for Monday:
There is Freedom in Jesus Christ!



This is awesome news.  Why?  Because if we believe in this freedom we will stop being bombarded with the condemnation of sin, but we will learn how to work through it.  We will learn how to let the Holy Spirit guide us through this life.  One of the biggest hindrances to a healthy mind is self condemnation.  It is a heavy burden to feel like you are always in the wrong or that you are always doing something wrong.  Let go of that burden and give it to the Lord.  How do you do that you ask, simply by believing in Jesus.  It is that easy.

How do I believe in Jesus?

I would simply say to find a quiet place and start talking to him.  Don't think it is strange.  He wants you to talk to him.  He will direct you from there:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

John 3:16



I was just reading about some of the false prophets in the book of Acts that were trying to convince new followers of Christ to be circumcised in order to receive their salvation.  When Paul heard about this, he was like "HOLD UP.  That is a very heavy burden for a gentile to handle.  Why are we making this hard for them?" (paraphrased of course).  When Peter and the other elders spoke on it,  they set everyone back on the right course.  Peter put it like this: "God accepted all of us how we are.  We are saved by the grace of  our Lord Jesus Christ." The elders put together a letter and sent it to the new developing gentile church and said the following:


Greetings.

24We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said. 25So we all agreed to choose some men and send them to you with our dear friends Barnabas and Paul— 26men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27Therefore we are sending Judas and Silas to confirm by word of mouth what we are writing.28It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.

Farewell.


See Acts 15: 5-29



I know there are a lot of words here, so I'm just going to go over a few things.  I encourage you to go to Acts and read the chapter so that you can become familiar with some of the characters like Paul and Peter.   The Gentiles were all of the people who were not of direct Jewish decent.  However, it was shown through out the book of Acts that Jesus's death covered all people in the earth to be saved.  All people, of all nations are able to receive the Holy Spirit through believing in Jesus. Finally, there were super religious people on the scene (Pharisees) always trying to give requirements and rules in order to follow the Lord.   The law of circumcision showed in the old covenant promise that a person was of Jewish decent.  It used to be a requirement under the law.  This is no longer an issue when you believe in the sacrifice of Jesus, and also when you believe in who he is.

It is by God's grace and his sacrificing his only son that we are saved.  Who so ever believe in Jesus will have everlasting life.  So I am here to say, that it may not be healthy for your mind to watch everything on TV or in the movies, but it is not going to send you to hell.

Keep believing in the saving grace of Jesus Christ.  His yoke is easy and his burden is light.  Now, I am going to go get my coffee . . . .

Keep this in mind:  God sees everything, past, present, and future, so when he says he fixed something.  He fixed it.  It's all good.

Live on Purpose
Love you
Until Next Time
Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment