Monday, January 28, 2019

Motivation for Monday: Why We do This thing called Life

Change the way you talk to yourself. . . Change your thought process. . . Change Your Life!







For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Isaiah 41:13


My dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:58


“Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing."

1 Thessalonians 5:11


Here is your Motivation for Monday

Work on you

and enjoy the process of your growth



Something is going on friends.  We are believing too many lies about what this life is all about.  Listen, we are here to grow and to help each other grow.  The problem is that our society has pitted us against each other so that we are competing for notoriety, for attention, and for success.  This is not the Kingdom way.  We are supposed to encourage each other.  We are supposed to support each other.  We are supposed to be concerned about one another!

So what do we do about it?


Friends, it is time to do the mind work.  It is time to change our minds about the way we are living this life.  We should no longer live this life for other people.  We need to stop living this life solely for ourselves.  Both of these ways of living will just leave us empty inside . . .

So, Why do we do this?

Why do we live this life?


Here is the thing, if we are supposed to be growing and we don't grow, we are in conflict with in ourselves.  We are not fulfilling our purpose which leaves us empty inside.  God created each and everyone of us for a purpose.  So, the best person to live for is not our mom, our child, or ourselves, but the best person to live for is Jesus!  Why?  Because he knows our story that was written in our DNA before time began and he is the only one that can help us complete our story . . . when ever we make that decision to give our lives over to Christ, he starts a new work in us.  He has started to work on our minds to create a new creature.  He will complete that work because it is a promise in the word of God.  Everything will work out for our good and we will grow into who we need to be.  So, enjoy the journey and enjoy this process. . .





This is going to be a growth year for us friends!  I don't want to keep throwing a bunch of scriptures at you and then expect for you to know how to apply them to your life.  I am growing in this area and I want you to grow as well.  What I mean is that I am understanding the importance of interpersonal relationships.  I want to get to know you guys better and I would love to know how I can help you along your journey. We are supposed to help each other.  Believe me, you reading this blog gives me purpose in this life!  This is the work that I am doing for the Lord and it makes me happy. What do you think will help you get closer to God so that you can change your life for the better? I made an email just for you.  Feel free to reach out and talk:

AT4Purpose@gmail.com


I want to encourage you to do the following things this year . . .

READ MORE
(In general, start reading things you enjoy so that you can grow your brain compacity and your mind compacity to hold more.  Reading trains your mind to focus.)

SPEND QUIET TIME WITH THE LORD
(Alone time builds your relationship with the Lord.  He will grow your mind.)

RELAX- GET UNBUSY
(Stop being distracted by what other people want you to do.  We are here on this earth to do what God needs us to do!)

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF SO YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF OTHERS
(Overall, self care is important in order to have the positive energy to care for others.)

PRACTICE SAYING YOUR AFFIRMATIONS
(Affirmations are a great practice to change your mind and self-talk.)


More on Affirmations:

Affirmations is an important tool to have in your arsenal for this spiritual battle that we are fighting. I was just sharing in a Vision Board Class/Workshop that I was teaching last night  about the power of words.  The words that you speak out are constantly being heard by you, and by your mind.  You are training your mind how to think by the words that you say.  You then believe these words as truth and you develop unconscious habits and behavior that make you the person you are.  Your words are shaping your decision making process and this is why you are where you are in your life.  Ask yourself; What type of decisions do I make about my life that are based on other people's opinions about how my life should be?  What type of decisions do I make because of self doubt and fear?   What type of decisions would I make for myself if I truly believed the promises that the Lord has for me to prosper in this life.  Friend, start speaking the truth into your life so that you can change your decision making process.  Check out the following post that I did on affirmations and how to apply them in order to see positive change in your life.

How to Apply Affirmations



Last week I shared some practical ways to use affirmations to help uplift your spirits and to change you self-talk. I just wanted to share some examples of how I do this for myself.  
The following are verses that refute negativity and speak against thoughts that will lead to depression:
You didn't get the job because you weren't qualified:
"I'm the head and not the tail, I'm above and not beneath." (Deuteronomy 28:13)
You’re not smart enough to figure this problem out:
"I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
It's too scary, and you are all alone:
"Although I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me . . ." (Psalms 23)
It's not going to happen for you, you should just give up:
"I press towards the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Jesus Christ." (Philippians 3:14)
God isn't going to bless you, everything is going wrong in your life:
"The Lord blesses me and keeps me. The Lord makes his face shine upon me and is gracious unto me. The Lord lifts his countenance upon me and gives me peace." (Numbers 6:22)
Your struggling, your tired, and your working for nothing:
"I will stand firm.  I will not let anything move me. I will always give myself fully to the work of the Lord, because I know that my labor in the Lord is not in vain." (I Corinthians 15:58


Remember friends,
Everything is working out for our good.
Keep encouraging one another
We live this life to grow
so enjoy your growth journey
Take care of your mind by feeding it the truth
Stay strong with the Lord
Live your life on Purpose
Until Next Time
-Tamorra



No comments:

Post a Comment