Monday, December 18, 2017

Motivation for Monday: There is Life in Death

  Greetings and Salutations

 


I just finished having a weekend full of both laughter and tears.  A weekend full of hugs of joy and hugs of remorse.  I was able to visit and spend time with a lot of family that I have not seen in awhile.  However, there was one person missing in the excitement of it all; this is the one person that has bought us all together many times before. . .

It is with deep regret and sorrow that I announce the passing of my father, Rev. Mycother A. McKnight Jr. December 9, 2017.  He has lived a life dedicated to teaching the word of God.  He was known for keeping the family together and he was know for his many words of wisdom. He lived a life full of the passion of sharing the Word of God.  There was nothing boring about my dad.  He was a very entertaining person.  He will be greatly missed, but we know that he has went on to a better place. . .

Here is the motivation . . .

Be strong and of Good Courage



We lose people everyday, people die.  We know that this is going to happen yet we are incredibly distraught when we feel like a life is cut short or cheated out of time in any way.  Sometimes we get made because we are so hurt by the circumstances of death.  I want to let you know that after I got out of the shock of it all that God has filled me with a peace that surpasses all understanding.  He has filled me with the joy of knowing that I will see my father again in the Heavenly Kingdom!


Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

John 14:1-4

He is preparing a place for us!


We have to look at the patterns of life.  We are here because God has determined us to be here.  We are alive because God has predestined us to be alive.  The essence of us have traveled down a long tunnel of darkness before in order to find the egg so that we can grow in our mother's womb.  We traveled down a tunnel again into the light of the world, to which our mother nurtured us and watched us grow into the adults we become in the future.  We will once again enter into a tunnel that will lead us into another light.  We will enter into the heavenly realm where we will once again be taught, and trained to continued our journey of growth.  We need to notice the patterns and not think that we know everything just yet.  Instead, we need to trust in God's design and trust in his purpose for us.

God has this whole thing mapped out just perfectly and I thank him for giving me the father that he had giving me.  I thank him for matching him up with my mother and her big heart.  I thank him for setting us in the direction that he needed us to grow.  I thank God for writing this story.  God already knows the entrance date and the exit date for each and everyone of us.  He has written it for a purpose.

So I want to share with you something that the preacher said during the eulogy of my dad's home going service.  He said something to the fact that God has written our destiny and knows when we are coming in and when we are going out. So, we ought to stop giving the enemy credit for what the Lord has written already.

There is Life in Death!!


When I think about it that way, I rejoice for God's plan and I dare not get distracted by not dealing with the feelings that I feel.  The enemy's job is to make us believe a lie about death that is not true.  We have been trained to look at death in this life as the end.  But it is not the end!!!  Our God is a God of Life!!  So when someone's spirit is leaving this earth, it is actually going into life . . . a more abundant life.  A better life, the next step of incubation and birth . . .

We have to recognized the patterns!!!


The enemy's job is just to get us thinking about things in the wrong way.  He has fooled the whole world.  It is our job as Christians to change minds back to the rightful way of thinking.  We have to get on God's plan . . .

When I first lost my dad, I was in shock.  I wasn't really believing what was happening was really happening.  I was keeping busy with the funeral arrangements and almost forgot what I was really planning for.  I was in a daze and when ever I thought of my dad not being here anymore, I broke down and fell into pieces.  I just cried and cried and cried.  But God helped me identify and deal with those feelings.  He told me that we are supposed to feel this way and let these feelings wake us up to the shortness of time that we have in this world.  He told me that I have a purpose, it is time to refocus and not get detracted by the things in this world.  Instead, we have to concentrate on getting people into the next world.  There are many challenges that lie ahead but these types of events make us stronger.  It helps us to focus on what is important.

It was not a good feeling that I was feeling when I lost my dad.  At first I was in a fog, I didn't feel like eating and I didn't really feel like talking to anyone, not even God.   When I started to come out of it,  I thought "Is this how people feel when they lose someone very close to them?"  Then I went on to think "How do people do this, especially if they don't know Jesus?"  Then it hit me like a ton of bricks;  the world is in such pain and anguish because of the incredible loss that it feels everyday.  People try to self medicated, drown their sorrows, or just withdraw from the world.  Other people just go crazy because they never dealt with their burdens of loss . . .

I want to tell you today to give your burdens to the Lord. 

 He will carry the Heavy Load!!

 

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Matthew 11:28-30 

I am changing my mind about death, about this world, about this life.  I am changing my mind about this whole thing.  I will mourn, because that is what I am supposed to do.  There are many out there trying to kill me and kill my purpose . . . But the heart of an evil man will try to do a lot of things that will complete his agenda, however, it is only God's purpose that will come into completion.

Remember this

You are here for a purpose.  A purpose that God has already written for you.  A destiny that has already been figured out.  Your spirit will not enter eternal rest until you have completed your destiny.

Live your life on Purpose!

until next time

-Tamorra





To what can I compare the people living today? They’re like little children who sit in the marketplaces and shout to each other,

‘A wedding song we played for you,

the dance you all did scorn.

A woeful dirge we chanted, too,

but then you would not mourn.’

No comments:

Post a Comment