Monday, November 26, 2018

Motivation for Monday: Do not trust your Heart.

http://www.christiantruthcenter.com/focus-on-the-heavenly-the-earthly-will-be-added-unto-you/
I found another good Website for your Christian learning: The Christian Truth Center. Click the picture above to link to the site.  Let me know what you think and continue to check me out here as well!

Your motivation for Monday:

Seek the Kingdom 

Seek the truth of the Kingdom

You will find what you truly are missing 

Keep living this Journey to find your purpose!




Greetings My friends,

I send you salutations this morning praying that you are in a good mood and that blessings are following you this week.  I pray that you are developing your relationship with the Lord by taking the time to read a little scripture.  Or perhaps you take some time reading this blog, praying, walking, and talking to him; or what ever he leads you to do to spend time with him.

Spend time with the Lord


This is a very important part of seeking the Kingdom.  More and more we follow the ways of the Lord by getting to know him.  We slowly take on the mind of Christ and leave behind worldly ideas about what it means to be happy.  Here is a warning that I have for everyone:

Do not follow your Heart!!

Why do I say this?  This is obviously a hard subject for us to understand but the Lord wants to be very plain in this explanation.  The world is trying to tell us that we should follow our hearts.  That we should do what makes us happy because this life is so stressful and it seems to be so dismal at times.  The things is, we have a warning in the bible about our hearts.  Our hearts are not to be trusted because our natural hearts are selfish, and do not understand the will of God.  We should then have an understanding of why it is important to be "born again," or in other words completely changed with a new mind, repented, while adopting a new way of thinking; or  receiving a NEW HEART.

In the word of God, our hearts are synonymous with our unconscious minds.  Our feelings, thoughts, beliefs, emotions, and will,  live in a place that is deep with in us.  Now, because we are so conditioned in this culture that we live, we are often more connected to the ways of the world.  So, it is very natural for us to go with the flow and accept ideas like: "Follow your bliss," "You only live once", and "Follow your Heart."

In actuality these are ideas of the occult and the theology of Satan worship.  Satan is the orchestrator of anarchy and revolt.  Not to get anyone upset on this Monday, but Satan is preparing the world for a revolution.  This will be a world with no moral compass, fulfilling the ways of the evil heart and not repented of it's false truths. The more we follow our natural conditions of the heart, the further away we get from God's purpose and the more sorrowful our life will get.  The more chaotic the world will get. Do not go for the false promises that the world presents.  It is never worth it.  Instead, seek after the Kingdom of Heaven and all of the righteousness and the truth that comes from it.  This is what we should follow.  The truth of God's word is what we should be sowing in our minds, better yet, we should be sowing it into our hearts.

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalms 139: 23-24

We don't want to admit it, but we don't always make the right decisions.  It is very hard to navigate our way through this life when we don't have the right things in our deepest, most personal thoughts.  A lot of times we are not even aware of what lingers in our subconscious.   What ever our deepest, most ingrained thought processes that are hidden in the unconscious is what and why we do what we do.  Our mind, our will, and our emotions configure our decision making.  Therefore, our true will manifest itself in our everyday lives.  Our thoughts are our lives.  Hence, your mind, will, and emotions (which is your soul) determines the expression of who you really are to the rest of the world. 

I am pointed in this direction of the conversation because I am very much on my life journey, trying to figure out what this life is all about.  I have come to this conclusion:

Do not follow the way of the heart, because it can be deceiving, instead follow the ways of the Lord by getting to know who he is.  He will show us the way.  It is only his way that can get us there.




The following blurb of the "Unconscious Mind" is something that I posted on the discussion forum for my doctorate study.  We were discussing Sigmund Freud and his philosophy of the pleasure principle and the avoidance of pain.  Basically this idea claims that the "ID" that is located in our subconscious minds seeks to fulfill our most vital needs such as food, water, sex, and security.  It goes on to say that the reason why we do what we do is because we want to avoid feeling pain and seek after pleasure.  Aware or unaware, our subconscious is then the driving force for most of our decision making.  I thought it would be helpful to those reading, as an extra confirmation that I don't just talk out of my butt!!  I have a lot in this head of mine.  I definitely am not the smartest person but I realize that I am a thinker that recognizes different perspectives and can communicate across those perspectives.  In a sense I am a translator to the soul.  I think this same skill is what makes my artistic talent shine through.  I see things, I inspect things, and I then translate that into a form of art.  I pray that my writing translates to you.



The Unconscious Mind


This is such a interesting concept for me to hear from other academic perspectives. I never really approached the idea of the mind in an academic way. I was raised to be more of a theological scholar and I was taught that what we refer to as the heart is really the mind. More specifically the unconscious mind. We were always told to be careful of the things that we sow in our heart.


The popular culture sayings of "Follow your heart," and "do what makes you happy" is really saying: Do what you feel will make you happy deep inside of your subconscious mind. Hence, we find a culture that is yearning for a more blissful, less stressful way of living. We find ourselves as a whole, searching for the meaning of life, a more spiritual life, and a more purpose filled life. We do this because that "id" wants it, it wants what it lacks.


I feel that the conversation of the mind seems to lean in a more materialistic way rather that the idealistic approach. I think that it is because of my upbringing that I have always seen the mind as an intricate display of hidden thoughts, hidden dreams, hidden knowledge, and hidden desires. For these reasons I do not find Freud's theory of the pleasure principle, id, ego, superego, or other sexual related psyche philosophies far reaching.

I read a variety of spiritual material, including the bible and I have always found the mind to be a deceitful place but a truthful manifestation of what a person truly believes about himself:


As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. Proverbs 23:7 KJV




The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? Jeremiah 17:9




For the imagination of a man's heart is evil from his youth. Genesis 8:21





I agree with you Derek, We are all human beings at the end of the day. We breathe the same air and we are exposed to a variety of stimuli as we grow and mature. There are so many things that make us who we are as individuals. There are so many things that we have no control of. There are so many things that we do because of the habitual tendencies written in our subconscious mind. Therefore, our sinful practices become habits, then we choose to repeat those habits, and the display of those habits present the person we really are (Jones, 2006). The unconscious mind, how complicated it is. Who can understand it?




What kind of things do you read?




Is anyone familiar with the lizard brain theory? Does anyone read Seth Godin?




References:




Jones, N. (2006). Battle for the Mind: how you can think the thoughts of God. Shippensburg, PA: Destiny Image Publishers INC.




King James Bible


Peace be with you friends this Monday
Remember to live your life on Purpose by following the ways of the Lord
Until Next Time
-Tamorra

No comments:

Post a Comment