Monday, March 25, 2019

Motivation for Monday: Be Holy, Kid!







Greetings and blessings to you and yours.  I pray that all is well and that the Lord has shined his face upon you.  I am feeling good today.  I try not to let feelings determine the way that I need to work.  I know that is easy to say but hard to do.  Things happen.  Life happens. . . but I want to encourage you to keep your mind on those awesome promises of God.  You have the gift of eternal life as a believer.  Keep your hope in that.  When those life happenings get you down, know that you will get through it.  Know that you will press on and that God has a plan for you and your life.




I forget this sometimes.



I forget that  God has this all under control.  I'm being perfectly honest with you.  Sometimes the business of life, the hustle and bustle of it all makes us forget that God has this.  I'm the kind of person that wants to know everything.  I want to understand everything.  I'm all up is the business of trying to figure it out.  The Lord speaks to me often and says . . .

Let it go . . . 
Stop trying to figure it all out


The Lord, let's us know things on a need to know basis.  So I pray that what he is telling me reaches those ears who need to hear it.  Stay encouraged because we serve a right on time type of God.

Friends, we weren't made to figure it out.  God already has it figured out.  The minds that work in the world system, the sons of perdition, the tares in the field, the seed that will grow no more; are the ones trying to "figure it out."  When you are a son or daughter of God, you can just relax in the peace of God's presence.   He will let you know what you need to know, when you need to know it.  He has you. You can rest in the understanding that this life was pre-designed for a purpose.  You, my friend, were pre-designed for a purpose.

Now everyone doesn't believe this, but as believers in the Holy one, the only God, and his magnificence with us, as Jesus Christ; we are believers in his word.  His word tells us that he knows the plans that he has for us.  He already figured everything out, now we just have to be . . .


I love the way my cousin said it.  He was preaching a message and he said:

"You are Human beings.  Now be.  Just be"


Friends, I want to let you know that it is time to be holy, because our God is Holy.

1Peter 1: 13-25

13Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. 14As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.” a
17Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear. 18For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, 19but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. 21Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.
22Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart. b 23For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. 24For,
“All people are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
25but the word of the Lord endures forever.” c
And this is the word that was preached to you

                                              


I use Bible Hub. . .
This is not an advertisement that I get paid for, I just like how it has the different translations available for you on one page.  I click the verse on the sight and it gives me the full chapter so that I can put everything in context. Also, I like that I can type any verse in on Google and it brings it right up. . . Check it out for your study.


Holy: 
dedicated or consecrated to God or a religious purpose; sacred



My friends, their is something inside of you that is burning to be.  There is something that God has put in you to create because he is creative.  There is something that you are just supposed to be that is in your heart to be.  It has been written in the heavenly books before the beginning of times.  As a believer, you were chosen to be dedicated for a specific purpose, God's purpose.

Here is your Motivation for Monday:
 Go be, who you were designed to be!
Be creative, for God is Creative
Be who you are, because God made you who you are
Be Holy, for your God is Holy


What does Holy mean?

Holy means to be set apart and esteemed.  It means to be that magnified light that your are, by being you.  Check this out,  God doesn't have to try to be holy, he is holy.  He doesn't have to try to be God, he is God.  He doesn't have to try to be light, he is light.  So, let me ask you this . . . If God made you in his image, why are you trying so hard to be who you are supposed to be?

Just Be . . .

People get confused with the "just being" part because they think that it means to be lazy and do nothing.  I beg to differ. If you are lazy you will be poor.  If you are lazy you will fall asleep.  If you are comfortable, you begin to put your feet up and expect things to be given to you.  Only babies and the very young need to be "taken care of."  Only babies need to be carefully monitored, fed, changed, and put to sleep.  It is time to wake up Christians!!  It is time to put the big boy pants on and the big girl panties on and say "I can do this part by my self!"

"Father, Look what I can do!"

Let's make a few things clear in this analogy.  This doesn't mean that you have to fully take care of your self, but you do need to start taken responsibilities for you actions.  You are growing up. You have a father in heaven who is going to take care of you, know that.  However,  you need to think about what type of Kingdom kid you are going to be.

Are you going to be the

The rebellious one
The obedient one
The trouble maker
The messy creative one
The lazy one
The arrogant one
The one who studies all the time
The active one
The busy one
The helpful one
etc. . .

Don't be arrogant about it, but it is time to grow up.  There has been a shift in the atmosphere and  the Lord is putting it into our minds that it is time to have our own.  It is time to grow up.  It is time to be who he has made us to be.  It is time to be elevated and set apart.  It is time to wake up from our nap, eat a snack, and keep it moving.  We need to grow up my friends.  It is time to exercise all of those principles, the lessons, the boo-boos, and the emotional hard times to bring up the Kingdom of God!  He has taught us and it is time to apply all that we have learned.

It is time to be holy.

 Keep believing in God.  Keep reading his word so that he can tell you these things.  I know that he is putting business ideas in your heart, ideas to help people, and ideas to make change in this world.  He is making a new thing happen friends (My brothers and sisters in Christ).  It is time to shift your mindset or remain asleep.  Don't be afraid of the powers of this world for they do not have the power to take away your everlasting life.  God has this.  Everything belongs to him.  Your destiny belongs to him.  Who are we to say to the potter, why have you made me this way?  He already has everything figured out and he wants you to grow up.  He will still tell you when to rest, when to do your homework, when to play nice, and what to eat.  It is your responsibility, however, to listen and obey when he tells you to do something.

Now, I'm going to tell you like I tell my kids . . .

"Take the earbuds out of your ear or you are going to miss what I am telling you to do!"

This is what God is telling his children:  He wants us to get un-busy so that we can hear what he is telling us to do.  We don't desire the same things that the world desires.  The Lord has hidden eternity in our hearts, hence we seek eternal life.  We seek after things that are holy, good, and perfect.  If we don't find it, then we are left empty inside.  Do you feel empty inside?  It is time to seek after the Kingdom in order to be filled.  Start listening kids.  Start obeying your father.

Be Holy

Remember to stay humbled. Being holy doesn't mean being a stuck up spoiled brat.  Who likes an arrogant little brat of a kid?  We are not those type of kids.  God doesn't want us to get in the way of those who want to learn more about Jesus and the promises that came with his sacrifice.  Being holy doesn't mean to be self righteous.  When God adopts a kid he is truly loved, and he belongs to God.  Let us love one another, truly and deeply.  Let God teach us all things, let God teach the new ones how to be a Kingdom Kid.  We put to much pressure on our selves thinking that we have to be everything, to everybody, and do everything for everybody . . . No, this is a "know it all" type of kid.  Don't be that type of kid.

Don't be a 
Know it all
Bully
Self-righteous Brat
Drowsy kid
Messy kid

(Even if you are one of these, you can change.  You are still one of God's kids, but who wants to be around a bully, a brat, or a slob?)



As I write this, believe me I am telling myself as well.  This is how amazing God is.  He has me write these posts, then at times when I forget his promises, he redirects me to things that I had written years ago.  God is awesome!  I know that he is real and so I believe in his promises.  I don't try to force my beliefs on anyone, I just share that he is real, and I make no apologies for that.  Be at peace and don't forget that God loves you and he has made you for a purpose and a reason.  You are amazing you, please share that with the world.  Share that with your brothers and sisters in Christ, we would appreciate it!

Until next time
-Tamorra


A few more verses for your review and study:

-But do this with gentleness and respect. . .





-know that you are special to God


Laziness brings on deep sleep,
and the shiftless go hungry.
Proverbs 19:15

 -It is time to change your mind about how serious you are about this thing.  Do you really believe God?  Do you believe you are who he says you are?  Do not take my word for it.  Start reading your bible and develop a relationship with your father.  Peace be with you all always.




No comments:

Post a Comment